Archive of the Physical Cosmology Journal Club
Journal club archive: Summer Term 2022
- 20.05.22 Steffen Hagstotz "Introduction to the Hubble tension"
- 03.06.22 Apolline Chappard "Cosmological Models and Evidence"
- 07.06.22 Ivana Babic "BAO scale inference from biased tracers using the EFT likelihood"
- 10.06.22 Jochen Weller "Ultra-ligh axions and the kinetic SZ effect" (https://arxiv.org/abs/2109.13268)
- 24.06.22 Nico Schuster "Void replenishment: how voids accrete matter over cosmic history" (https://arxiv.org/abs/2109.08165)
- 01.07.22 Angelo Caravano "Lattice Simulations of Axion-U(1) Inflation" (https://arxiv.org/abs/2204.12874)
- 08.07.22 Lydia Haacke "Comparing Galaxy Cluster Catalogues in the Optical Wavelength Regime"
- 15.07.22 Sven Krippendorf "A duality connecting neural networks and cosmological dynamics" (https://arxiv.org/abs/2202.11104)
- 29.07.22 Richard Stiskalek "From the Gates of the Abyss: Frequency and Polarisation Dependent Propagation of Gravitational Waves"
Journal club archive: Winter Term 2021/2022
- 24.09.21 Peter Taylor "Separation of Scales in Projection"
- 01.10.21 Andrija Kostic "Machine-driven searches for cosmological physics" (https://arxiv.org/abs/2107.00657)
- 8.10.21 Thomas Vannieuwenhuyse "Finding and characterising cosmic voids with deep learning methods"
- 15.10.21 Martin Kerscher "The geometrical meaning of statistical isotropy of smooth random fields in two dimensions" https://arxiv.org/abs/2109.05726
- 29.10.21 Sara Maleubre "Accuracy of Power Spectrum from N-body simulations using Scale-Free cosmologies"
- 5.11.21 Gerrit Farren "Ultra-light Axions and the kSZ effect"
- 12.11.21 Jochen Weller "Fuzzy Dark Matter and the Dark Energy Survey Year 1 Data" (https://arxiv.org/abs/2111.01199)
- 16.11.21 Barbara Sartoris "Testing cosmology with galaxy cluster mass profiles"
- 3.12.21 Nico Schuster "Baryonic Voids and their profiles in Magneticum"
- 10.12.21 Nico Hamaus "Priors on red galaxy stochasticity from hybrid effective field theory" (https://arxiv.org/abs/2112.00012)
- 15.12.21 Agne Semenaite "Cosmological implications of the full shape of anisotropic clustering measurements in BOSS and eBOSS" (https://arxiv.org/abs/2111.03156)
- 14.01.22 Steffen Hagstotz "Cosmology with one galaxy?" (https://arxiv.org/abs/2201.02202)
- 21.01.22 Tobias Schröder "Gravitational Waves in Cosmology"
- 28.01.22 Angelo Caravano "Non-linear computation of the curvature bispectrum in the axion-U(1) model of inflation"
- 11.02.22 Alex Barreira "Higher-order statistics and baryonic effects in the large-scale structure"
- 18.02.22 Oliver Friedrich "Can you squeeze a quantum field into a universe that can only store finite information?"
- 25.02.22 Natalie Assmann "Nested sampling"
- 04.03.22 Richard Stiskalek "Lensing of Gravitational Waves"
Journal club archive: Summer Term 2021
- 23.04, Mona Dentler "Constraints on Fuzzy Dark Matter from DESY1 Cosmic Shear" Special seminar
- 30.04, Alex, Presenting paper in prep.
- 07.05, Giordano "Density profiles of cosmic voids in eRosita data" Master Thesis Update
- 28.05, Steffen, Discussion on the Hubble tension (in view of the Munich/Cambridge joint JC) Special Seminar
- 11.06, Hayley J. Macpherson "Luminosity distance and anisotropic sky-sampling at low redshifts: a numerical relativity study" https://arxiv.org/abs/2103.11918 Cambridge/LMU Joint JC
- 18.06, Yusuf "Searching for Superclusters in eFEDS" Master Thesis Update
- 25.06, Martin Lecture on estimators 10:00 - 12:00
- 02.07, Giorgia "Cosmic Voids in Generated N-body Simulations" https://arxiv.org/pdf/2106.04014.pdf
- 07.07, Steffen Hagstotz "A new measurement of the Hubble constant using Fast Radio Bursts" https://arxiv.org/pdf/2104.04538.pdf
- 09.07, Lucas Porth "Fast estimation of aperture-mass statistics II: Detectability of higher order statistics in current and future surveys" https://arxiv.org/pdf/2106.04594.pdf
- 16.07, Oliver "The PDF perspective on the tracer-matter connection: Lagrangian bias and non-Poissonian shot noise" https://arxiv.org/abs/2107.02300
- 23.07, Lydia "The WaZP galaxy cluster sample of the Dark Energy Survey Year 1" https://arxiv.org/abs/2008.08711 + short master-thesis update
Journal club archive: Winter Term 2020/2021
- 9.10 Martin: "Why Stan -- try PyStan on Hamilton Monte Carlo" arXiv:1701.02434, arXiv:1111.4246, arXiv:1212.6246
- 23.10 Sunny Vagnozzi "Spatial curvature, galaxy power spectrum, and cosmic concordance" https://arxiv.org/abs/2010.02230
- 30.10 Jochen "What is the price of abandoning dark matter? Cosmological constraints on alternative gravity theories" https://arxiv.org/abs/2007.00555
- 6.11 Sofia Contarini"Cosmic voids in modified gravity models with massive neutrinos" https://arxiv.org/abs/2009.03309
- 13.11 Angelo "Galaxy morphology rules out astrophysically relevant Hu-Sawicki f (R) gravity" https://arxiv.org/pdf/2009.08743.pdf
- 20.11 Nico "Constraining cosmology with weak lensing voids" https://arxiv.org/abs/2010.11954v1
- 27.11 Linda Blot "Cosmological Model Parameter Dependence of the Matter Power Spectrum Covariance from the DEUS-PUR Cosmo Simulations" https://arxiv.org/abs/2007.14984
- 04.12 - Emmanuel Artis: "Galaxy cluster cosmology with the future Euclid sample: new methods and forecasts"
- 11.12 Simon "Constraining Axion-Like Particles with Machine Learning"
- 18.12 Marvin "Phenomenological aspects of bimetric theory"
- 22.01 Angelo "Lattice Simulations of Inflation"
- 29.01 Alex "Responses of Halo Occupation Distributions: a new ingredient in the halo model & the impact on galaxy bias" https://arxiv.org/abs/2012.04637
- 12.02 Jochen "The Cosmic Axion Background" https://arxiv.org/abs/2101.09287
- 19.02 Nico S. "Identification of Cosmic Voids as Massive Cluster Counterparts" https://arxiv.org/abs/2012.03511
- 05.03 Cesar Hernandez Aguayo "Exploring galaxy formation in modified gravity theories" https://arxiv.org/pdf/1907.02977.pdf , https://arxiv.org/pdf/2006.15467.pdf https://arxiv.org/pdf/2011.00013.pdf
|Journal Club Archive - Summer Term 2019/2020|
|25th of Oct||Nico Hamaus||"Constraints on the growth of structure around cosmic voids in eBOSS DR14" https://arxiv.org/abs/1909.04394|
|15th of Nov||Nico Schuster||"Void Formation: Does the Void-in-Cloud Process Matter?" https://arxiv.org/abs/1910.02197||
|22nd of Nov||Jinah||"A solution to the initial condition problems of inflation : NATON" https://arxiv.org/pdf/1904.12703.pdf|
|29th of Nov||Giorgia||"The Aemulus Project"||
|6th of Dec||Luisa Lucie-Smith||
"Machine learning the formation of dark matter halos"
|13 of Dec||Yang||"Multi-wavelength consensus of large-scale linear bias" https://arxiv.org/abs/1909.12069|
|17th of Jan||Martin||
"Large-scale structures in the ΛCDM Universe: network analysis and machine learning" https://arxiv.org/abs/1910.07868
|24th of Jan||Johannes & Nico. S||
Johannes : "(Towards) Probing Axions with Galaxy Cluster Counts"
Nico S. : "The bias of cosmic voids in the presence of massive neutrinos"
|31st of Jan||Angelo/Jinah||
Angelo: "On the stability of bimetric structure formation" https://arxiv.org/abs/1910.01651
Jinah: "Cosmology with Redshift-Space Distortion Analysis on Galaxy Tracer Voids"
|7th of Feb||
"The Halo-Void Model of Large Scale Structure"
|14th of Feb||Giorgia||"The Aemulus Project"|
|21st of Feb||Johannes||https://arxiv.org/pdf/1909.06712.pdf|
|28th of Feb||Machine Learning team||Meeting||10:00-12:00|
|JOURNAL CLUB ARCHIVE (2019) - Papers discussed in previous semesters|
|Friday, 18th of Jan||Paul Hinz||https://arxiv.org/abs/1712.02240|
|Friday, 25th of Jan||Johannes||"Axion Cosmology" https://arxiv.org/abs/1510.07633|
|Friday, 1st of Feb||Malwin||IMPRS Practice Talk|
|Friday, 8th of Feb||
"Recent developments in neutrino cosmology"
|Friday, 15th of Feb||Eva||IMPRS Practice Talk|
|Friday, 22nd of Feb||Nico S.||IMPRS Practice Talk||
|Friday, 1st of Mar||Martin||"Causal Dynamical Triangulations" https://arxiv.org/abs/1802.10434||
|Friday, 8th of Mar||
"Void size function" https://arxiv.org/pdf/1902.04585.pdf
"Halo Mass function" https://arxiv.org/pdf/1903.01709.pdf
International Woman's Day, suggested reading
|Friday, 15th of Mar||Nico H.||
"An alternative approach to the Finger of God in large scale structures"
|Friday, 22nd of Mar||Cora Uhlemann||
"Counts-in-cells statistics for large-scale structure"
|Friday,3rd of May||Jochen||"Swampland Conjectures and Late-Time Cosmology" https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.10448|
|Friday, 17th of May||Giorgia||"Cosmological exploitation of the size function of cosmic voids identified in the distribution of biased tracers" https://arxiv.org/abs/1904.01022|
|Friday, 24th of May||Nico||
"Fisher matrix for multiple tracers: model independent constraints on the redshift distortion parameter" https://arxiv.org/abs/1904.00673
Briefly going through https://arxiv.org/abs/1905.08329
|Friday, 31st of May||Brueckentag, No JC|
|Friday, 7th of June||Korbinian||"Super-CMB fluctuations can resolve the Hubble tension" https://arxiv.org/abs/1905.02278|
|Friday, 14th of June||Olivier||Overview on void size function and cleaning procedure|
|Friday, 21st of June||DES meeting + Brueckentag, No JC|
|Thursday, 27th of June||Enrique Paillas||
"Weak lensing by voids as a test for alternative cosmological models”
|Friday, 5th of July||Johannes||"Ultralight scalars as cosmological dark matter" https://arxiv.org/abs/1610.08297|
|Friday, 12th of July||Carlos Correa||
"A non-fiducial cosmological test from geometrical and dynamical distortions around voids"